Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cooking for Partees


So I was going to write about Vietnamese restaurants. And then I got the flu and I've done absolutely nothing all weekend except sleep and watch TV on the ipad. It's been dull. However, this coming weekend, I have a baby shower to prepare for. I'm making red velvet cupcakes. Whatever the velvet bit means I don't know; I believe it's a Nigella rip-off, but they should be red. I mean, I can't see me getting that part wrong. Actually, I'm making them for my sister, who once made me a 'red' themed birthday cake. Yes, the theme for my party was red. Simpler times, thus demonstrated. And if my cupcakes are not boldly and deeply red in hue, I'm sure she'll understand, because the piano cake she made me was pink, and was held together with toothpicks. I wish I had a photo. Thanks big sister!

I'm also making something with the word 'clafoutis' in it, which sounds vaguely rude, but promises to be delicious and not terribly difficult, I hope. I have bought buttermilk. I feel more homely already.

I'm still recovering from being a sweating, snotty mess, so this will be a short post, but I'm putting in a picture for added value. The goodies will be baked on Sunday, so I thought I'd include a pic of the shoes I intend to wear while baking, because a) they're awesome and b) it's a nice combination of happy things-- shoes and good food (one hopes) that is to come in the near future.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment